VCOE is pleased to present the Level 1 Canvas Bootcamp! Canvas Bootcamps include structured training with hands-on building opportunities. Participants will gain experience in creating accessible content in Canvas that engages students and personalizes learning.
This cohort will work asynchronously through the month of May 2022 with opportunities to attend office hours for help. Engagement will happen in Canvas through group discussions.
- Canvas Tour
- Home Pages: Why They Are Important
- Using the Rich Content Editor
- Course Design Best Practices
- Designing with Accessibility in Mind
- Content Pages vs Assignments: When to use what
- Effective Assignment Design and Best Practices
- SIS Integration Tips
- Creating Effective Discussions
- Quizzes: Classic vs New Quizzes
- Using Modules to Direct Student Progress
- Engage Students Through Canvas Communication Tools
- Canvas Gradebook & SpeedGrader
- Providing Instruction Through Feedback to Students in Canvas